Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: "Walking L.A."

July 09, 2007

"Walking L.A."

Tikkunger and I went for a quick walk to the post office  today and decided to peruse our local independent bookstore while we were out.  We found a cool little book entitled Walking L.A., by Erin Mahoney. According to the introduction, the book's purpose is to "prove that walking in L.A. can be an immensely rewarding experience, opening your eyes to hidden pockets of the city that you never knew existed." 

The book is a nice size and is filled with 32 self-guided walks of different nooks and crannies of Los Angeles.  There are clear and easy to read maps, detailed walking instructions followed by a summary of each route. Also included in the book are listings of places of interest in each of the locations.  I'm quite impressed with the quality and am looking forward to getting out, seeing new things, and burning some calories while I'm at it.

5 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to LA once. I wanted to go the corner grocery store. I was told that walking there was not appropitate, therefore I was driven to go less than a 1/4 mile!

I love LA! lol

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Yup this does look like a good book! I'm looking forward to trying out the walks!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had a 24 hour layover in LA once, with Yel and Jill, I asked the concierge at the hotel where in LA was a good walking area. The concierge sniffled, pointed me to the bus stop on the corner and told me to go to Santa Monica. LOL.
Looking forward to seeing photographic evidence of your walks on flickr... *hint hint*

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

I walked around LA heaps because I didn't have a car when I was there (most of the time anyway). I discovered so many cool places and things to see that locals don't even know about. (And I didn't even have that book!)

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

I walked around LA heaps because I didn't have a car when I was there (most of the time anyway). I discovered so many cool places and things to see that locals don't even know about. (And I didn't even have that book!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home