Confession: I’ve been very bad.
I've been a very bad girl. Prison was rough on me and getting computer time to blog was nearly impossible. My cell mate wasn't so bad, minus her non-desire to use antiperspirant. I mean everyone in prison is innocent anyway so she couldn't have been that bad, right? And the food? Matzah ball soup nightly. . . cough cough.
Ok, I'm fibbing. I haven't been in prison. I've just been in 'life'. Sometimes I go weeks with boredom and nothingness; and then there are the other times. TikkunGer has been here for nearly a month now. Between sharing a home and building a mutual space together and my work, well, I've been a non-blogger. Honestly, I don't like that. I like blogging. I think it's important to my mental health, my Jewish connectedness in many ways, and even is a tool in my professional goals. And with that, I have decided I must force myself to blog more.
Why must I force myself? I teach, therefore I blog…oh wait, that isn't the quote. I teach and I want to begin using the web and blogging as a tool in the classroom. A lot has gone on at work over the last two months. I should probably do an entire post on that alone but I'll give a brief mention to what's going on. First, being at a year round school makes June/July quite stressful. The track that I'm on finishes the school year on a Friday and then begins the NEW one the following Monday. Needless to say I feel beat and tired. I just finished dealing with students trying to finish the year and begging me to pass them even when they knew it wouldn't happen; and moved on to teaching 4 new 9th grade classes this week. It's hard remembering new kids so soon. On top of regular goings on at work, I also stepped up to the plate and took on a position as a lead teacher to a new Small Learning Community (SLC) at my school. We are the Design and Technology Academy (DATA), which at this point sounds much more fantastic than it is. Anyway, I promise (this is for Nani) that I will do a post on what SLCs are, what my new role is, and what we're doing…and I will do it soon. For now though, you'll have to settle for a brief list of other things I've been up to:
TG and I are working on getting healthy which includes eating much better and doing a lot of walking. I live in a hilly area with beautiful streets covered in trees to walk around. He's doing much more walking than me at this point. It's a bit different for us because he's home in the morning and can take a nice walk to start the day whereas I'm out of the house at 6:30 am. Granted it's not exercise, I am on my feet all day, moving around, walking across campus…that must count for some calories J .
Two Shabbats we've taken a 45 minute walk to a friend's home for Shabbos lunch. It's a great walk though with this 90 degree weather it makes me quite grumpy. I get over it fast though J. One Saturday we went to shul and this week we are making Shabbot dinner for us and a friend. Oh yeah, we also spent one great Shabbat at a really kind couple's home who are our age and reasonably close. All in all, it's been nice to, on Fridays, have down time that doesn't include anything ultra stressful. Saturdays most assuredly have been different and that's the nice thing about it.
It's 9:11, I'm soooo tired, and well, I'm rambling so it's time to brush and sleep. I will begin to blog more if I can help it so I hope my readers come back to visit soon. Thanks for reading!








4 Comments:
I feel guilty for not pointing out the dearth of new posts. I'll just add it to the list of things to feel guilty about.
Good to hear from you Tamara, & to know that you're doing reasonably well. Give a shout out to TK, and I hope you're both getting along & having fun. Running around in 100+ heat is less fun than imagined, but if it's a daily practice we might expect some amazing results. (Short of the infirmary, right?) But it sounds real cozy, if busy. That's nice indeed. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
HI back to you vj!
Yup busy we have been, here in LA finally as an US!!!
I think forging a partnership with a love interest is a pretty fantastic excuse for not blogging. We understand!
Post a Comment
<< Home