Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: "Make new friends but keep the old"

May 02, 2007

"Make new friends but keep the old"

Although I grew up in Los Angeles, well the valley really, I didn't maintain many close friendships after living for ten years in San Diego. Now I'm back in L.A. and am finding that I have important friends, special friends, caring friends, in both cities. And you know, it feels great.

It's my birthday on Sunday so I wanted to celebrate in some way. I know it's just a birthday but it's a reason to celebrate my life, to be grateful for all I do have. With this past year having many challenges, it will be healthy to celebrate with friends.  It is also the birthday of my mom this month so I'll sort of have her in mind too. I got purple plates in her honor, it was her favorite color.

On Saturday evening I have guests coming. I mean, really, I'm having a party. Well, I'm pretty low key and mellow, but a party still! At this rate, if everyone who said yes, and the two "maybes" show up, I'll have 12 friends and a baby. I don't even think I can fit 12 folks. :) Actually, I can, if there are always four people standing because I only have 4 chairs, two rockers, and a couch. But I'm NOT complaining. I'm elated. What I keep discovering is that no matter how many lonely days I might have, or days when I think I don't have close friendships; no matter...when it comes down to it. People come through. And as I write this I think of many others who perhaps I should invite, because really, I simply invited people who I had in my email address book. Is that rude? I also put in the e-vite that if someone was left off this list, please let me know. I think all will be well.

And so...this means I have to get a cake, and food, and beverages, and clean the house, and....you know...it's all totally worth it. The only thing that would make this birthday better would be having TikkunGer to share it with.

6 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Tamara - may you enjoy many more.

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for parties! Have fun!!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Hi Joe and Nancy,

Thanks so much for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. If you were here I'd invite you too!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

All hail the Valley. I love it.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger orieyenta said...

What a nice way to end Shabbat. Yom Huledet Sameach! Hope it's wonderful.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What is better than to celebrate with a 2 page interview in 2Life Magazine issue 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home