Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: "Keep It Kosher"

May 23, 2007

"Keep It Kosher"

Where I work is an urban public school.  There are few white kids, let alone Jewish. However, we do have a  Jewish Student Union and these are this year's shirts.  They are actually a really pretty dark but soft blue. I just took these pics quick and with no flash. Clever either way!

11 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

LOL thats kool!

You never told me that you guys had a jewish student union, very kool.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Yup, we have one. It's not on the track that I teach on but I've gone perhaps twice to their lunch meeting. Also, Rabbi K. is sort of their "go to" rabbi. He has come and done meetings at lunch where he teaches the very basics of what a particular holiday is. He's popular because he brings kosher pizza and ice cream.

Oh, and perhaps there are MAYBE ten actual Jewish kids in the club, but since Jews are cool, about 20 people go to meetings to be with their friends. :) LOL Funny.

Thanks for reminding me though...I should remind them that if they need support while we're on track at the same time, that I can assist.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like them! Too cute. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

That's a very suggestive banana there...

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

I wish we had had a JSU back in high school...

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Dori said...

Whoa. That is one sophisticated concept.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the tshirt! The banana is funny :)

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger X said...

If my high school had had a JSU, I SO would have been one of the non-Jewish attendees.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

VJ: Thanks. That has to be your shortest comment yet!

CA Teacher: Yes, yes it is.

Rivster: Yeah, it's cool that the very few Jewish kids have something. My guess is most are mildly observant and non-affiliated.

Dori: LOL. In this day and age it's nothing. My kids know more than me, at least they like to think so.

Ami: Next year, I can order you one! It's a fundraiser...err a fun raiser ;)

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--only a few Jews and you get T-shirts ! way cool!
Also I read something about wear many are wearing Jewish stars and you see more Jewish things on TV shows cause right now its Cool to be a Jew!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Juggling Frogs said...

Those shirts are very funny! I bet they'd sell well on cafepress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home