Animal Rennet Chocolate....MMM...N O T
TikkunGer has been writing some great blog posts on eco-Kashrut and this goes right along with those. Being that we're a couple, I thought posting this made complete sense and was a good way to show our solidarity and agreement on this topic.
Although I do eat fish which would officially make me a pescatarian or fishatarian, I do consider myself a vegetarian which is why this article interested and disgusted me at the same time. The only other exception I make is eating matzah ball soup in chicken broth, but only when I'm at someone's home who makes it. Oh, and only if it's kosher. :)
To learn more about the tastiness of animal rennet that comes from the lining of calves stomachs and is used in chocolate...Read the full article here. Tasty isn't it~!








3 Comments:
That's disgusting.
Thank goodness we can look to our rabbis to keep us safe from such vile stuff. Ugh!
Yeah, you're a pesciatarian, please don't refer to yourself as avegtarian, it just confuses people.
Fish/ckn eaters (self-referred Vegetarians)make it SO MUCH MORE difficult for the rest of us.
I get physically ill from even having rice boiled in chkn broth, yet thousands of restaurants declare their chicken dishes, or their grilled salmon Vegetarian.....
then leave no options for the REAL Veg's out there.
Post a Comment
<< Home