Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: "After Jesus"

April 07, 2007

"After Jesus"

OK, so I never post a title like this. However, today is different because I decided to watch some educational T.V. this morning being that there is absolutely nothing on T.V. on a Saturday. Perhaps a sign I should go to shul?

Anyway. This morning I started out by using "On Demand". You know, that button on the cable controller where you can get some free movies, documentaries, shows.  The first one I watched was a documentary about the Israeli's who were killed in 1972 during the Berlin Olympics. It was very well done and examines evidence of why the hostage situation went terribly out of hand.

The second video I watched is entitled "After Jesus".  It's about life in Jerusalem and the Roman Empire after Jesus was crucified. The documentary includes commentary from both Jews and Christians, Religious philosophers and educators. I'll be honest, I've been crazy multitasking while listening to it but it is really interesting and includes a lot about Judaism at the time. Most interesting to me is simply how early Christianity transformed from an Eglatarian religion which was very closely related to Judaism and how it became a male dominated faith that concientiously chose to not look deeply at the old testament as a source of faith.

If you can find it, I suggest watching. I think  I'll watch it again more closely at some point. If any of you find the documentary online, please let me know and I'll post a link. I thought the above link was the whole video, but Tikkun Ger helped me realize it's only a 2 min. and 16. sec. clip as opposed to 2 hours and 16 minutes (big oops on my part).

Enjoy and Shabbat Shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home