US Airways is at Fault...Not the Weather
According to the "CheapTickets" website, US Airways has BS excuses as to why everything has been screwed up. While I was at the airport, every worker claimed "weather problems". However, as you can see in the article below, most other airlines had 80-90% on time flights. It's infuriating to be lied to. I'd rather them be honest and say (like Jet Blue did a few weeks ago): "Look, we screwed up, we're sorry, here, take a hotel room on us and we hope to keep you as a customer". I really think it's time for me to write them a letter.
Oh, and my luggage is still, supposedly, in customs. A couple of hours ago I was told I'd be getting a phone call within 90 minutes. So far nothing and I'm on hold trying to find stuff...Happy joy joy.
There were major delays over the weekend at US Airways, and they have nothing to do with the weather. Computers appear to be to blame.
Seemingly at the root of the issue: US Airways switched to a unified internal computer system, a platform with America West, the carrier with which it merged. The initial result was chaotic at least for fliers at US Airways' Charlotte (CLT) hub. The Charlotte Observer says US Airways' customer service agents were telling passengers to go home yesterday afternoon (Sunday, March 4). The problem at other US Airways cities up and down the East Coast was not quite as bad, but long lines full of unhappy people were still reported.
At 7:30pm (Eastern Time) yesterday FlightStats reported that the carrier had completed 803 of its 1,125 flights for the day, but only 14 percent of them departed on time, that is within 15 minutes of schedule. Forty-one percent of those departures were 45 minutes late or more.
Other airlines were flying high. Seventy-one percent of discount airline Southwest's flights had departed by 7:30pm (Eastern Time), 90 percent of them on-time. Seventy-five percent of United Airlines' flights were completed as of 7:30pm (Eastern), with 86 percent of them on time. The list goes on. Other carriers were not having problems. US Airways was.
US Airways has no immediate response to the problem other than to say that “Due to heavy passenger volume and long check-in lines,” fliers could run into delays in Boston (BOS), Charlotte (CLT), and Philadelphia (PHL).
Best bet before you head to the airport today is to check on the status of your US Airways' flight at FlightStats.
To comment Click:Post a comment+Choose Identity+Other+Then type your info in.








5 Comments:
I don't know if things would be any easier on Air Canada. In any case we hope the luggage got there finally. I try and carry everything with me, but then again I can't recall how Customs worked back in the day. (The Mounties rode up to the prop plane, their horses dipped in a flourish, they doffed their campaign hats and we were in, and climbed down the gangplank). It was just far easier driving. We'd have a big cut out of John Diefenbaker in the front seat and they always waved us though right away. The man was stiff in real life, so who knew? Cheers & Good Luck & Enjoy the trip, 'VJ'
Personally I blame the Canadians for choosing to live in a frigid wasteland.
Ok, that is not true of the whole country, just the part that is not controlled by polar bears. ;)
Ugh...not fun. But think of it this way, at least you're with TG. Have a wonderful Shabbos.
Good luck getting your luggage. Mine (with handmade costumes) has been missing for a month. Here's the story:
www.usairwayslostmycostume.com
Sorry Tam- that stinks. Hopefully you'll be forgetting all about it soon and enjoying the company of your sweetie.
Post a Comment
<< Home