Righteous Among the Nations
Reading a couple of blogs today, including Orieyenta's, I came across a great story about a remarkable woman, Irena Sendlerowa. Orieyenta was posing the question about how to discuss the Holocaust with children, her daughter in particular. It's a hard question. I posted some suggestions on her blog and wanted to share Ms. Sendlerowa's story here as well.
Ms. Sendlerowa is one of the still living Righteous Among the Nations. She saved 2500 children from the Warsaw ghetto during the Holocaust. Amazing. I did a quick web search and came up with some more information and links about her life, in case you wanted to pursue it further.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irena_Sendlerowa
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2879505&page=1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070314/ap_on_re_eu/poland_holocaust_hero








1 Comments:
It amazes me to know that she said she regrets that she didn't do more and that she will feel that regret until the day she dies. Such an incredible story. I believe she is up for a Nobel Peace Prize - want a worthy recipient if there ever was one.
Thank you for the Holocaust links. It's a hard task indeed to explain these things especially when I have spent so much time protecting her from all the bad in the world.
Shabbat Shalom.
Post a Comment
<< Home