Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Passover Cleaning Initiated

March 29, 2007

Passover Cleaning Initiated

Since I've returned from Ottawa I've actually kept pretty busy. Busy enough that I slept in until 9am today.  I spent a Shabbos with friends last Saturday and then headed to a birthday party right after. Sunday I ran errands and started Pesach shopping. The last 3 days I worked on the groundwork preparations for starting a new Small Learning Community at my school. I'm on the Design Team for the Design and Technology Academy (DATA). What that means is that within my very large high school (4800 students), there will be about 10 mini-schools with specific students and teachers assigned to each one. Each school functions like any school. We follow same standards, same graduation requirements, etc. however, there is a common theme that will run through the curriculum. In our case, DATA will have elements of technology embedded into each course. Cool huh! The only thing is that only 3 of showed up for our 3 days of development so we were all brain tired by last night. 

And now it's Passover time. Today is my first day of Passover focused fun cleaning.  I started by gathering all dirty laundry and linens and removing them from the bedroom. The bedroom is now fully dusted and each nook and cranny dusted.  Soon I will be off to get a couple needed ingredients for a Pesach dessert that I'm taking to a friend's for 1st night seder. After shopping (I think I'm going to the Kosher Club) I will go to the laundromat since I'm washing large blankets and bedspreads.  Tonight I'll put all the clean stuff away. 

Tomorrow will be living room cleaning, eating area, and the beginnings of kitchen prep. Living alone in a one bedroom apartment does make the cleaning not as daunting, but cleaning is cleaning.

And there you have it...another bleh update.

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Did you say Kosher Club?

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger X said...

This might not be what you want to hear, but I liked your 'bleh update'! I like learning about your life.

When I was a freshman in college, two of my Jewish friends hosted a big ol' seder for all of us non-Jews. I have such fond memories of that night...as a result, I still love hearing stories about this holiday.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really cool about DATA. I had no idea your school was headed in that direction. Were you placed on the committee or did you volunteer?

Good luck with the Passover cleaning!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I chose to align with the Design and Tech school since the other one I was interested in has too many English teachers,and because I think using technology in the English classroom is crucial and totally motivating to the kids.

Oh, and cleaning is going well. Pantry, utensil drawers, pots and pans cupboards, all done :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home