Jewish Unity
As if figuring out which "box" a Jew in America fits into wasn't hard enough, I just discovered that abroad, in Israel specifically, there are even more "brands" (as I like to call them) of Judaism.
Here in the states most people fit into Orthodox (Hasidic Orthodox, Haredi Orthodox, Yeshivish, Modern Orthodox), Conservative (Conservadox), Reform (Reformadox), Reconstructionist, or Renewal. As you can see with my attempt at excessive labeling, even amongst the three that have been most common for many many years in the states, there are still gray lines. However, now I have discovered that there are even MORE that I was unaware of.
My point in posting this? It's pretty simple. In my eyes, in my heart, in my world...A Jew, is a Jew, is a Jew. Doesn't the world have enough people against us, who don't like us, who are bigoted? Why do we tend to separate ourselves so much? All the labels do is cause tension between groups, especially, going from Right to Left (Othodox to Renewal).
Just some thoughts as I sit here waiting for my connecting flight in Philadelphia.
Shabbat Shalom Everyone! Oh, and Love your Jewish neighbor! And the non-Jewish ones too :)
(graphic borrowed from aish.com...I wonder what they'd think of this post)








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home