It's My Blog and I Can Brag if I Want To...
I just received a very suprising and touching email from a past professor of mine. Bernie Dodge was one of my first professors in the teaching credential program at San Diego State University. It is because of him that I blog, and without my blog I wouldn't have had so many wonderful experiences, nor would I have met TikkunGer. So, as you can tell, I respect this professor highly and am always amazed by his work.
And so, I just got this email from him that he is presenting at a workshop done by the US Holocaust Memorial Museum. And as part of the activities of the 45 participants, he took lessons I did and created a project. Amazing. I feel honored and am having a happy teacher moment.
Hi Tamara,
I'm running an all-day workshop here today in conjunction with the US Holocaust Memorial Museum. (Did I read in your blog that you were going to the same thing up in LA?) For our workshop (http://webquest.org/workshops/holocaust07/) we end the day with participants beginning to create their own WebQuest starting with one of 9 that we're giving them. I created one of those 9 based on a lesson you described in your blog. It's at http://questgarden.com/00/00/7/070328164441/
Be sure to look in the credits. If you have some example poems online that your kids have created, I'd love to point to them. We've got 45 teachers here and your work is going to impact them and their kids in ways we'll never know. Thanks for sharing your story online! Hope all's well with you and your guy.
::: Bernie ::: --
Bernie Dodge, PhD - Professor of Educational Technology








3 Comments:
Exciting!! That is awesome.
A good notice for your work. Always a nice thing to have, and a reminder of why it's important to try harder each day. You never know which lives you might influence. Cheers& Good Luck, 'VJ'
Very kool babe
Post a Comment
<< Home