Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: She's Gone...

February 09, 2007

She's Gone...

After 19 years together, I put my cat "Reebok" to sleep 30 minutes before Shabbos. I'm sad but I'm  still going to Shabbos dinner and will put a semi-smile on. Here on some pics of her and a poem I found online that I should warn, will make you cry.  

  ReebokWhat sort of face is that?

IF I SHOULD GROW FRAIL

If it should be that I grow frail and sick
And pain does keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done
For this--the last battle--can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years
You don't want me to suffer
So take me where my needs they'll be met.
Only stay with me till the end.
For hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close--we two--these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.IF I SHOULD GROW FRAIL

If it should be that I grow frail and sick
And pain does keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done
For this--the last battle--can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years
You don't want me to suffer
So take me where my needs they'll be met.
Only stay with me till the end.
For hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close--we two--these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

9 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Tam-
Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. Hang in there.
XOXO

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Mia M said...

I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Hey Babe just saw this, I'm so sorry!!

I will call you this evening.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Mottel said...

Such a moving poem . . .

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Nineteen years, wow. Sorry to hear of your loss. Reebok is similiar in coloring to my Tiki (a short-hair). Visiting via Jack.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger orieyenta said...

Oh...I'm so sorry. May her memory be a blessing.

A wonderful poem. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that is so touching- when we change perspective and see things from another point of view, it can really be emotional. So sorry to hear that this dear pet has passed away.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for all the well wishes. It's been a hard week for a number of reasons and my cat passing just added to it. She's in a better place and has her dignity now. I do appreciate the love you sent. I guess the next big news will be happy because mine goes like that: Mom passed (sad), got engaged (happy), cat gone (sad)....the next will be great! Ohhh, the ebbs and flows of life.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger marty said...

I'm sorry about your loss, Tam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home