Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: What I've Been Up To

January 15, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Yesterday and today have been about being productive in my home. Although TG won't be here for a while still, I wanted to get some organizing and moving of stuff around. Why do it so early? I guess it's because I so wish we could be together sooner than later and making space and reorganizing helps to feel like he's with me.

I moved around a bunch of furniture yesterday, all with him in mind. Let's see I moved:

  • big desk from office nook to bedroom
  • antique desk from bedroom to office nook
  • clothes dresser from one wall of bedroom to the other
  • pie safe from one corner of office nook to the other
  • bookshelf from one side of office nook to the other
  • removed dresser/stand from closet to dining area-using it like a buffet
  • microwave from office nook (don't ask) into kitchen
  • toaster oven and coffeemaker to other space in kitchen to free counter space
  • utensil canister off stove top so there's more room

And there you have it. It sounds like a lot more work than it was and things look good and feel different. Different is good. Now I just need to reorganize the stuff that goes in the pie-safe, and antique desk which will free up the bigger desk for TG when he gets here. 

Today was filled so far with a trip to the laundry mat and Trader Joe's. This evening I have a dinner to go to and then tomorrow it's back to work. I've enjoyed this extended weekend, even with housework and all.

It's good that I've managed to keep semi-busy because I've been a bit stressed and it shows. It especially has shown with how I have been communicating with TG. I love him dearly and us being apart and both busy and trying to figure out immigration stuff has put stress on us both. Not to mention he's been under the weather. Sometimes I feel like I have a lot to learn about being more nurturing and supportive. And with that, I'll just say to TG: I love you and I do hope you're feeling better.

4 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Wow well done, what can I say I'm impressed. Sorry if I made you feel like you were in supportive because you are.

and if you feel like you need to work on being supportive, then I probably need to work on being appreciative.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Thanks babe. We both are still learning, growing and becoming, in our relationship and I think it's beautiful that we both are able to humble ourselves.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger smb said...

hatzlacha

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are so cute together. Its very sweet to read about what you are trying to do to stay attached long distance.

Good luck on all the re-arranging. Seems like you have a good handle on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home