Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Tonight's Dinner-Quick, easy, and tasty

January 29, 2007

Tonight's Dinner-Quick, easy, and tasty

I have not felt at all motivated to cook lately. Most meals are quick things that I have to do little work for. Umm, like bagels, toast, cereal (blushing).

Tonight TG suggested I make a bean dip type thing, which is what he had. And so I did.

I mixed the following and rolled it up in a whole wheat tortilla, all kosher of course!

  • two cans pinto beans mushed with my hand mixer
  • one can corn
  • 1/4 can crushed tomatoes
  • The following herbs and spices: garlic, pepper, fresh cilantro, chives, 1/4 fresh serrano chile pepper, hot sauce (a lot), parsley flakes
  • And a little shredded cheddar

6 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to a potluck on Sunday and had this awesome brocolli salad. I e-mailed the girl who made it and she floated me the recipe. Try it:

2 lg. bunches of broccoli flowerets, cut small
l c. sunflower seeds
l/2 c. red onion, chopped small
l/2 c. raisins (golden preferred)

Toss everything together

Dressing
l c. mayo
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
l/2 c. sugar

Mix well. Put dressing on salad just before serving. Serves 8

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmy. I 've been eating some of my cajun burritos that I'd frozen. So I can relate to the need for burritos- I can't get enough now for some reason.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger marty said...

I'm hungry.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

tonight i ate... uhm... spaghetti. with sauce and cheese.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Dori said...

While we're sharing culinary triumphs, I just made a phenomenal Moroccan sandwich from Gourmet Magazine. Basically you sautee chopped red pepper and onion in olive oil. Season with lots of cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Chop up some hard boiled eggs. Combine all this goodness and stuff into a roll. Eat with harissa (Moroccan spicy sauce that I didn't have, and therefore skipped and didn't miss). YUM.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Sounds yummy! And pretty easy to make to!
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home