Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Stress & Stuff

January 08, 2007

Stress & Stuff

I slept horribly last night. I guess I'm stressed out. It's not a bad can't manage my life stress; it's more of a super crazy busy feel like I have a ton to do stressed. I went to bed early but around midnight I was awake and fidgety and my mind was racing so fast with lists of things I need to do scrolling non stop in my brain. Ugh...

In reality, I am busy but it's manageable.  I just have lots on my mind. Mostly good stuff like having a wonderful man in my life who loves me and all my quirks.

I decided it was time to start utilizing my Google Calendar because I do have THAT much going on. Besides TG and I working on making our two lives one; I also have a bunch of courses/workshops I must attend in the next few months, not to mention more social activities that are rare. Like bat mitzvahs, weddings, sheva brachos. Big life changing events.

Speaking of life changing events. I have a dear frum friend who will be getting married on Thursday. We spent some time together yesterday which was lovely. She is less than a week from the wedding so there is a custom of the bride not being allowed to be alone this week. So, she must be escorted by someone at all times. I escorted her to Target and we had fun shopping.  I can't wait to see her as a bride. She's an amazing young woman with such a bright spirit. I wish her all the love and happiness that she and her chosson deserve. He must be special if he's won her heart.  They are having an enormous full on Chasidic wedding; complete with multi-course kosher meals and around 500 guests!  I told her I'd bring my camera because it will be a site to see I'm sure!

And now, since I'm rambling about people and stuff most of you are immune to :)  I'll be on my way. 

Happy Monday!

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck as always Tamara. I'm wondering where that bit with the prohibition?/Tradition of the prospective bride not being alone. Is this from the days of bride stealing perhaps? Just wondering... Cheers, 'VJ'

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I'm definitely learning about so much of this stuff but I seem to recall there being mentioned something about or similar to yetzar hora or evil doers trying to throw a bride off. My friend also told me it had to do with the bride to be is like a queen and a queen has a court and an escort at all times.

This is a Chabadnik wedding so I'm sure it's something mystical and such. :)

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a lot better than having nothing going on! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home