Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: My Home Shook

January 01, 2007

My Home Shook

This morning, around 8am, I was sitting on my couch, instant messaging with Nani, and I had just turned on the Rose Parade. Shortly after I heard a dull hum that got louder and louder coming towards my apartment. I could tell something was going on as my walls started to shake and the hum became a very loud roar that made things in here rattle. That's when I said to Nani, "I bet it's the Rose Parade,  I remember when the B2 Bomber flew over last year". So I watched to see if the B2 was flying over the parade on the TV, and sure enough, there it was followed by two F22s (I think).

And there you have it, New Years Day in Los Feliz. I'm only 15 minutes from the parade route and I'm obviously on the Stealth's route. Now I'm awake and will go get things done since I'm back at work tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now their not flying at altitude, so that scews things up, but think about it for a minute. That's a super secret 'stealth' bomber that costs about 2 Billion dollars a copy, and yet you can hear it coming from a long way away. Here's the specifics from the great FAS site: [http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-2.htm] So probably they are still vulnerable to being detected by WW1 technology, the famous War Tubas: [http://www.badscience.net/?p=242].

So Happy New Years Tamara, and thinking about teaching again here: [Via Post Secret]

[http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/994/593/1600/66322/magic.jpg]
Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tam- sorry to hear that your excursion to the great white north has come to an end, but I liked the pics of Ottawa- thanks for posting them- Glad you were entertained in the airport- and as far as jets go- my old house was not too far from an air force base-every now and then some fighter jets buzz the neighgborhood. The kids love it! Its cool to see them and hear them fly over.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

doesn't sound very stealthy to me :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home