Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: It's Funded!

January 26, 2007

It's Funded!

I want to take my tenth graders on a field trip to the Musuem of Tolerance. We are beginning to read "Night" by Elie Wiesel and having a museum that deals with racisim and wars and the Holocaust all in one place and local is a special thing. How could I not try to get the funding to take them!

I asked my school and when they told me it would be very difficult to do, I went online and filled out a form on Donor's Choose. I discovered today that my ENTIRE trip, including busses was funded, I think by Bank of America (that part I'm unsure of).

How awesome is that! I have a tentative filed trip date set for February 15th though I need to verify all that with my school.

YIPPEE!

4 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! That is awesome!!! Have a great time! (The museum makes a cameo appearance in Freedom Writers--have you seen the movie yet?)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Ro said...

That's great to read! I'm glad the funds came through. I hope this makes an impact on your students.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger marty said...

Congrats on getting funding, Tam!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

congrats, this is very kool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home