I've Arrived
I arrived in Ottawa just after 10pm on December 23rd. I flew out of L.A. with a layover in both Las Vegas and in Philadelphia. I had very quick layovers (i.e. hop off plane, practically run to get on next plane which would be boarding already). Overall my flights went well, no major glitches. However, upon getting to Philadelphia I had to walk so fast, take a shuttle bus to my very far gate and amidst that dropped my plane ticket somewhere. Whoopsie. That got sorted smoothly and I was on my way.
Upon arrival in Ottawa the story changed, my baggage was nowhere to be found. Needless to say I was quite upset, frustrated and pissed. I filled out my missing baggage claim forms and exited customs with tears. TG was outside customs with his father whom I had not yet met. So, my first introduction was filled with tears and frustration but I still managed to smile. Afterall, I was seeing my boyfriend which is great!
When we got to TG's place we exchanged Chanukah gifts. I, luckily, had carried on a few of his gifts so at least I wasn't empty handed. He had eight gifts for me...more about that next post.
My luggage was located on the day of X-mas eve and TG's parents took me to the airport to retrieve it. Thank goodness, all ended up good.
To comment Click:Post a comment+Choose Identity+Other+Then type your info in.








1 Comments:
wow, great timing with the airplanes.
when i flew from san francisco to chicago through denver, the first flight was delayed a few minutes and they said they would put us on a later flight out of denver — even though the next flight hadn't left yet.
i assumed it was because there was time for the passangers to switch planes, but not enough to go rooting through the baggage for whose stuff needed to be switched out and whose could go to the baggage claim.
when i finally get to chicago, i find out that the baggage went through fine on the *original*, earlier flight!
Post a Comment
<< Home