Two Shoes...But They Don't Match
This morning, when I put on my warm but nice looking boots, I thought they felt a bit strange. I looked. They looked fine. I walked around my apartment and noticed one of the heels was worn more than the other. "Hmm, that's odd" I thought to myself. I don't remember one shoe wearing more than the other. I thought to myself I had better get the heels fixed so they don't get totally ruined. Off to work I went.
Upon arrival at work, I was running late, I dumped my belongings in my room and walked hurriedly to the office to sign in. My left boot kept making the 'tap tap tap' when I walked while the right boot sounded normal. It wasn't until I arrived at the office that I noticed something that proved to me my mind is not in a normal place...I had two different shoes on! What a dork! I showed the guy that works in the office and another teacher aquaintance. We got a good laugh out of it and decided it's a true sign that winter break is upon us, and we all are looking forward to more than a week off. :)
Other than that excitement, TG left last night, headed home to Ottawa. We had a great 6 weeks together. Great in all senses of the word; fun times, struggles, annoyances, connecting. We learned so much about ourselves and each other and we both know this is worth working for and that things seem like they will keeping heading in good directions towards the future. The goodbye wasn't terribly sad as we both know we'll be seeing each other on December 23rd when I go out there to spend my break with him and his family. It's gonna be one cold winter for me!
This blog is in a new beta format which is having issues when others try to comment. In order to leave a comment, please do the following: Click: "Post a comment". Then where it says "Choose Identity", click "other" and manually type your stuff. It will work. Thank you for your patience.








6 Comments:
lol! That is funny I guess it gave you all a good chuckle.
You can actually wear one shoe heel down more than the other. I guess some people place more weight on foot. We all have differant walks. Well at least that's what the guy at the shoe store told me once. :)
Sounds to me like you're actually going to have a pretty *hot* winter. :)
Nah, To will we warmer than you suspect, and not as cold as you fear. If you look at the historic weather charts, statistically Toronto is typically warmer than much of MN & NY state, and will get less snow. That's the lake effect. The winds blow to Buffalo. But bring the woollies just in case. I had a case of liquor ruined on me when I was up there for a party during the winter once. It'll be safe in the trunk I thought. Not as funny as 2 right shoes, but hey my BF did'nt leave the night before either. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Ro, a good laugh was surely had by all :)
Melanie: Ha ha, very funny. I'm a pure girl afterall.
Nancy: Yeah, what a day. I was at work until 7:15 for parent night.
Oh, and TG is in Ottawa, not Toronto.
LOL, that could have been me! So exiting that you will soon see each other again!
Umm Ottawa huh? Forget I said anything. Bring the woolens. Chains for the car. The block heater too. The deicing solution to keep in the trunk. That deicing key fob thingy that heats your locks when it gets cold enough to lock you out. Update his immigration status too. Tell him you might be taking him someplace warm. If he's a true Canadian, it'll grow on him. Most migrate extensively to warmer climes. (Iggy did after all!) I'm still betting on Bob Rae BTW. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Post a Comment
<< Home