Requested Post...Since I've been lagging
Tonight TikkunGer asked why I hadn't blogged, I guess I just haven't been in blogging mode and perhaps getting used to having someone here with me and learning to manage time and stuff. That's not a complaint. I'm glad to have someone here with me to manage time with.
All in all things are good. As you may know, TG is staying an extra 2 weeks with me which is great. It gives us a chance to spend a couple of real weeks together; me at work, him working on school stuff. It's good. It gives us regular away time during the day which is good to experience since we don't get that on a day to day basis living on different continents. We've also had a chance to do a lot of site seeing stuff (Skirball Museum, Museum of Tolerance, Krishna Museum), meeting and spending some time with my friends from shul. Last night he went to a class with a friend of mine/ours. It's neat to have a somewhat normal existence together.
I'm beginning to settle back into work and actually get some stuff done. I probabally am harder on myself compared to what others see. I missed 7 days in all since we came back a couple of weeks ago. I was concerned about looking bad even though everyone at work knew my mom had passed away. I went ahead and had a casual chat with my V.P. to let her know I'm aware of my days missed. She simply smiled, told me she understood, told me not to worry and gave me a hug; quite nice and unexpected. The best thing about work is that tomorrow is Friday and I have the next (short- 3 day) week which makes me happy. After the short week we have a LONG 4 day weekend. Yippee! And then, when we go back after the long weekend there is only 3 weeks left until the end of the semester and a ten day break. Another Yippee!
And so...that's it. Hopefully I'll have some more interesting things to blog about sooner than later. Like Shabbat or something Jewish, it's been a while.
This blog is in a new beta format which is having issues when others try to comment. In order to leave a comment, please do the following: Click: "Post a comment". Then where it says "Choose Identity", click "other" and manually type your stuff. It will work. Thank you for your patience.








7 Comments:
Good to hear that things are working well for you & that TikkunGer is staying a bit longer. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Glad that things are going ok. I know what you mean about work and such.
I hope you have a nice Shabbat.
Perhaps you should engage guest bloggers to blog for those times when you're blogstipated.
I am glad you posted because its so nice to be able to keep with you!
LOL
I'm glad you're having such a good time! Shabbat shalom!
I'm glad things are calming down and that you're taking care of yourself!
Glad TG is staying with you another 2 weeks. Awesome!
You guys have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment
<< Home