A Day at the Getty and Other Stuff

It's been a pretty good week with the exception of fighting a cold every morning and night (during the day I seem fine). For Shabbat we went to my/our friends from shul. They are a family of 3 girls, mom and dad. These are some of the sweetest people I've met in L.A. They are always kind, giving, and fun as heck to spend Shabbos with. Dinner is ALWAYS divine as well.
On Saturday we went by the house of those same friends since I had forgot to bring their Shabbos goodies (sparkling grape juice and cookies)for dinner. TG and I ended up being invited to stay for lunch so we ate a great Shabbos lunch of artichokes, carrot salad, brie, chevre cheese, breads, smoked fish, and all sorts of goodness. Later we went to see Borat. It was exceptionally stupid, which is why it was hilarious. However, DO NOT bring children or anyone conservative to see it. Trust me on that one.
Today we woke up and stayed in pajamas until noon. Sundays are good for that. Besides a quick vacuum I decided it would be a no work, no laundry day. :) We decided to go to the Getty Museum which was great. We both took some nice photos here and here The Icons from Sinai exhibit was quite interesting. TG bumped, literally, into the mayor there. The picture is from later when we saw him again. See comments on the photo for a story about the mayor. We had a nice day at the museum and a great weekend overall.
This coming week should be awesome. It's only a 3 day week workwise. On Thursday, TG and I will go to my step-sister's for Thanksgiving. My brothers won't be there but he will meet 3 step-sisters, their husbands, 7 of my nieces and nephews, my step-mom's ex and his wife, and who knows who else. It will be good and I'm glad everyone will have met him by the time he leaves. He likes it here which is wonderful. It's even more special if he connects with my family or at least likes them. Things are going well and I know that family and family connections are important.
And with that...I'm going to veg out for an hour before I call it a night.
This blog is in a new beta format which is having issues when others try to comment. In order to leave a comment, please do the following: Click: "Post a comment". Then where it says "Choose Identity", click "other" and manually type your stuff. It will work. Thank you for your patience.








5 Comments:
I enjoy Borat movie. Did you know Borat speaks Hebrew in the movie?
I love the Getty! .
I'm glad you and TG are having a good time. :)
I hope your cold gets better.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
You sound so happy spending all that time with TG- thats great. I'm a little jealous of course, but hey, I'll get over it. I'm more jealous of the fact that you've got such a great museum so close to you. We've got a new one in Denver but its really hard to get tickets right now. Anyway, have a happy T-day.
Marty-The movie was funny. Avi will tell you that I laughed so hard at one point that (he says) I had an asthma attack. :) I didn't catch the Hebrew parts.
Mia- Thanks so much. You're too sweet. Hopefully we can someday meet!
Ro-THanks, a great turkey day to you too
Amishav-Jealousy is unhealthy. Avi and I are doing great especially since this is the first time we're really spending time together. As far as the Getty, ours is free. Just a parking fee of $8 per car. Every exhibit is free and the cafeteria is reasonable. We dined on PB&J for $2 each :D
It's great that you're having so much fun spending time together! Does this mean that TG gets both Canadian AND American Thanksgiving this year? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home