Reflecting on Reflecting
Part of the holy days for me was reflecting on how much my life has changed in the last year or so. I moved from San Diego to Los Angeles, started a new job, moved into my first real apartment ( I lived in a studio for 8 years), and five months ago met my boyfriend after being single over 6 years (I know, nuts!). A huge year it's been.
With the high holy days past the excitement of my time off from work truly begins in ten days when my boyfriend will be visiting me for a whole month. Living 3000 miles apart is challenging to say the least. This will be the first time we're getting the opportunity to spend an extended amount of time, living day to day life, and truly "being" together.
In reflecting on the year, I would just like to say that I can only hope the next year will be just as special, life changing, and filled with self realizations. In the last five months I've woken up in some areas of my life largely because of this relationship and the ability my boyfriend has to help me to see things from different perspectives. Discovering self is a beautiful thing and the ability to "see" myself while reflecting on the year is lovely.
I look forward to what this next year has in store for me in ALL aspects of my life. I can only hope it's as good as this year and that G-d gives me strength to overcoming hardships, laughter to share joy, compassion to support others, and patience to get me through challenges that are presented.
I wish the same for you all.








2 Comments:
Glad you've had such a good year...and I hope 5767 is even better, in every possible way.
B"EH this year should be the best ever!
BTW, I know how hard long distance dating can be- enjoy the time you're together!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home