Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: In Mourning

October 20, 2006

In Mourning

Because I do have many real life friends that read my blog. I've decided to briefly post to let you know that my mother passed away on Wednesday night. Obviously I'm not in a blogging mood right now.

TikkunGer and I are having a great visit in spite of everything. G-d definitely works wonders and I'm blessed that he is here with me during this sad time. I'm doing as well as can be. Mom was terminally ill and in so much pain for a long time now. She is in a much better place that is for sure. I'm glad she no longer is feeling pain and the pain I feel is more out of selfish reasons.  I was supposed to go visit her this coming Wednesday. I feel cheated out of that visit. And, the fact she won't see me get married, or that my children (should I ever have them) will never know their grandmother; these are the things that sadden me most.  I can see the light even in these dark times; I have been getting lots of calls and emails from family, friends, and people from shul. I appreciate that more than anything.

And with that....I'll end this post.

13 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tamara. I wish I knew what to say other than I'm sorry and I'm thinking about you over here.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Baruch Dayan Haemes.

I am sorry to hear this, Tamara.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Hamaqom yanahheim otakh betokh she’ar aveiley Tziyon viYrushalayim.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss Tamara. She's finally at peace and relieved from her suffering now, and you can take some small measure of comfort in that. You're also very fortunate to have someone close by to be there with you to help you with this loss. I know that will be beneficial to you in the time to come. Wishing you Brighter moments to come, 'VJ'

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night, I stood up for kaddish, but didn't know why or for whom. Consider it said for your mother.

Such a blessing that she lived to see you as an independent woman, that she lived through the holiday season, and that you are with your beloved during this time.

May her memory be for a blessing and may you be allowed your grief. I can not understand what you are going through, but can say that you will be in my prayers.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Hamakom Yinachem Eschem.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger BrooklynWolf said...

Tamara,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your mother's passing.

HaMakom Yenachem Eschem B'soch Sh'ar Aveili Tziyon V'Y'rushalayim

May you and your family only know of simchos.

The Wolf

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Tamara -

I'm so sorry about your loss! You and your family will be in my prayers.

take care,

jessica

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Oh, Tam. I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do that will be of comfort, let me know...

Will hopefully be in LA next month and hope to be able to see you while I'm there. May the support of friends and family see you through this difficult time.

Hamakom yinahem, etc...

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Oh, Tamara. I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest, most heartfelt condolences go out to you. I am sorry she did not get to meet TG, but I am grateful that he is there with you at this time.

May you be comforted among the mourners of Zion and Israel.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Shlomy said...

Hamaqom yanahheim otakh betokh she’ar aveiley Tziyon viYrushalayim.

I am so sorry ..i Just read it

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Shoshana said...

I just read your post, and I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your mother will live on in your memories and you will be able to pass those on to your children. May you be comforted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home