Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: HOT HOT HOT... and busy and fun

September 03, 2006

HOT HOT HOT... and busy and fun

Today was quite busy. Yesterday was my productivity day.

Today I walked to the video store to return my two movies, about half a mile, before 9am. I came home, listened to some talks on audio, read a little bit, dusted, and then my friend came over. We were supposed to study Pirkei Avot but she hadn't read the chapter yet. So, we just hung out for an hour. Afterwards I couldn't take the warmth in my apartment. I don't know what happened but whoever left their oven on, turn it off! I'm over this summertime weather already! And so, I went and perused Pier 1 while waiting for another friend to call saying she was ready to go to Venice Beach.

The Venice Beach excursion was supposed to be a photo excursion but I think we were both feeling shy with the camera. It was even hot at the beach! And crowded. I think everybody and their mothers headed to the beach today. The amazing thing is, I found a PHENOMENAL parking spot on Rose street, one block from the boardwalk. FREE parking, and close. My friend said I have good "carma" (har har har).

The next great thing that happened is that the FIRST thing I see are Hare Krishnas. YAY! Such a childhood memory, a Kodak moment, and a gift for TikkunGer. I knew he'd love that pic! We had lunch at the Sidewalk Cafe where I found a small glob of hair in my pasta, and opted for Fish N'Chips instead. The waitress didn't charge me! So I split the bill with my friend and all was good. Free parking. Semi-Free lunch. I even got accosted by the Jews for Jesus. When the guy offered me a pamphlet I condecendingly said, "Ahh, no, no way". What I REALLY wanted to say was, "Sorry, but there is a name for Jews for Jesus, it's called Christian!". The rest of the day can be seen in my small set of photos from the day which can be found here.

5 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Ro said...

JFJ's are a pain. I just ignore them.

Glad you had a fun weekend. I'm with ya I'm definitely done with the summer heat.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

"Hare Krishnas"

I almost never see those guys anymore.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Hey Amishav, yup, just south of Main street, just before the alley before the boardwalk :) I remembered Rose St. because I remember my mom telling me as a kid that her grandmother lived there.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger marty said...

Jesus Jews. Wait, I heard that somewhere before!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pix!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home