An Easy Fast and Other Preparations
First I'd like to wish all of you who honor and observe Yom Kippur an: easy fast, reflective day, and a day in which you not only forgive but find it within your own hearts to forgive others.
Part of my preparations for Yom Kippur included taking care of tasks that I have been putting off. Not necessarily spiritual tasks, but things that weigh on my mind and may at times keep me from focusing on what is important. For example, I had a ton of paper shredding to do, a bag of old documents to purge, and an old file cabinet to organize. I also did house cleaning and straightening so that my mind can be in order.
Another thing I did today was some reading up on Yom Kippur, its meanings and different ways of observing. Additionally, while cleaning out files, I found a folder I keep of documents I have printed out and that have G-d's name printed. Since G-d's name is printed I won't throw them in the trash. While muddling through that folder I found some good stuff on Yom Kippur that I printed out years ago. It's intersting that my mind was in a seeking space even back then. I'll read more of these tomorrow before I head to a pre-fast meal at the home of friends from shul. Then it's the 25 hour headache...I mean holiday. :)
So, Shana Tova and An Easy Fast!
This blog is in a new beta format which is having issues when others try to comment. In order to leave a comment, please do the following: Click: "Post a comment". Then where it says "Choose Identity", click "other" and manually type your stuff. It will work. Thank you for your patience.








1 Comments:
Gmar ve Chatima tova and have an easy fast (with no headache)!
Post a Comment
<< Home