Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Thank G-d it's Friday...

August 04, 2006

Thank G-d it's Friday...

Today is Friday, Thank G-d! It's been a long tiring week.

Earlier in the week TG and I booked the ticket for his trip to visit in mid October. Needless to say I can't wait for him to be here and for us to share some real life time. He will be here for a full month...CRAZY I know, but crazy in the best of ways. I think we're both looking forward to seeing how we interact and work together on a day to day basis. The first week he's here I'll be off work so we will be taking a short road trip (6 hours) up to Palo Alto so we can visit some friends of his. I'm not sure if we'll do much more on that road trip. Maybe we'll consider San Francisco or taking a lovely scenic drive home on Route 1 along the ocean and some of the most beautiful scenery in California. The rest of the time we have no huge plans. I'd like to drive down to San Diego and show him how lovely it is. We will go to Vegas for a couple nights and of course he'll be meeting my dad. It's gonna be a great month!

Wednesday night I had a BTSA (new teacher program) workshop to go to. It went well and I think it got me a little focused as far as reflecting on my teaching goes.

Thursday was Back to School night. I actually enjoy meeting parents and relatives. I think so many kids need to feel their parents are involved and supportive and it touches me when I get to see that first hand. There were good talks, concerned discussions and two instances of kids in tears. I discovered I have two students who are depressed and needing major support in their lives. One was with their mom, the other came alone to talk to me. This kid I would not have expected to come see me. He's absent often and has a "bad-ass" look to him. But that kid sat with me and discussed his lack of support and caring in his life. He was alone on parent night. He sat there in tears and I think he'll become my little pet project to make sure I'm reaching out and acknowledging him.

Tonight is Friday and school gets out an hour early WOO HOO! I'll be driving down to San Diego tonight, spending the evening at my brother's home with my little nephew. Tomorrow I'll see some old San Diego friends, get my hair cut, then drive back up to LA. I'm looking forward to that.

Sunday I think I'm getting together with an old friend I've known since high school which is cool. She's a blogger too, check my blogroll for LARitz!

I hope everyone has a great weekend too!

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

You might be the teacher that, when he looks back on his life, was the one who made all the difference for him.

How exciting that Avi will be in town for a month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home