Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Choosing Our Stories

August 01, 2006

Choosing Our Stories

In the book I'm currently reading, I just came across a quote that made me stop, read it again, think it over, and ponder. This particular quote can really relate to my life right now and my relationship with Judaism. When a simple line can make me connect and think and apply to my own experiences, I find that adding it to my blog is helpful in two ways. First, it allows me to spend more time thinking about it. Second, hopefully by sharing it with others some of you might find the quote thought provoking and meaningful to your own lives.
"...it's not the stories that determine our choices, but the stories we continue to choose."

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great quote! I'm glad I read that this morning.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

The book is from a book Avi let me borrow called: "That's Funny, You Don't Look Buddhist": On Being a Faithful Jew and a Passionate Buddhist

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger andbreathe said...

that's brilliant.

i wrote it down and hung it on my wall.

you can apply it to anything.

i love how a string of words has the power to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home