Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Active, Fulfilled, Learning

August 27, 2006

Active, Fulfilled, Learning

This weekend has been an active, fulfilled, learning and working weekend. Friday night I did not go to shul or to Shabbat dinner. The rabbi and his wife I believe were out of town so I simply ordered some food, stayed in, graded some essays. Friday night also included a wonderful conversation with someone who really opened my eyes and helped me, as he always does, discover more about me and him and us. I am in a grown up relationship that is taking tons of work, energy and growing. It's beautiful and revitalizing, even in the struggles. I thank you for that TikkunGer.

Saturday morning I woke up, did a load of laundry, and yes, graded a few essays. I only had a bowl of cereal since I was going to be spending the afternoon with my dad. My step-mom had a Red Hat Ladies brunch to go to at the Magic Castle so we coaxed my dad to drive with her since I live only a couple of miles from there. So my dad dropped them off and headed over to my place. He got here early so I gave him the lazer light to entertain Chester while I did my hair. :) We headed over to the Farmer's Market on Fairfax. We had a really nice afternoon, eating, walking, perusing the book store and art gallery at The Grove.

By the time I got home I was feeling non-productive but had a ton of essays that I procrastinated so long on, so I knew I needed a solution to ensure productivity. I headed over to Psychobabble Coffeehouse to caffeine it up and grade essays. That was pretty productive except for the guy who asked me what my perfect world would be and told me he can't believe my perfect world doesn't include the world being run by robots. Ummm, ok freak.

Sunday morning I awoke early, got showered, went to the market, cooked breakfast; and was grading (yes more essays) by 10:00 am. It's taking me forever because I'm bored to death with reading them. At noon it was time to get cleaned up so I could meet Melanie, the friend I hijacked (but not really) for lunch and a movie. My lunch was just ok, a garden burger, avocado, tomato and sprouts wrap. We then headed over to see "Who Killed the Electric Car". WOW, this film is a must see! I was so freaking shocked at how GM covered up the fact that they intentionally made the electric car fail, that they refused to sell them to the leasees who strongly urged them to sell them. I was appalled that they took ALL of these cars not just off the market, but off the street. They didn't recycle them as promised, they literally shredded them! It's as if they did not want anyone to ever know that there WAS such a thing as the electric car, and it worked! Damn oil and car companies! I won't be buying a GM.

I'm glad I hung out with Melanie today. She's a great girl and we discovered we definitely have some common interests so I'm looking forward to hanging out with her again and perhaps going out together to take some photos, since we both agreed we feel like asses doing it alone. Glad I made a new friend, thanks Melanie!

And now, although I'm sure my life is so very interesting to you, I must grade the last 20 essays. And when that's done, all I have to do is turn in grades on Tuesday, and then it's officially a two month break...even if I do choose to do some subbing :)

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, thank *you*, Tamara. I had a great time, and part of me still believes that GM took all of those shredded cars and recycled the waste. I know they can use magnets to pull out the metal. Maybe, just maybe, they did something somewhat decent...

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big grins there Tamara, I can see the resemblance right away. Those Red Hat ladies are getting to be a menace everywhere. But GM & the Big 3 have not only killed the electric cars, 40-50 years ago they succeeded in even killing all our electric street cars too! So yes, corporate evil at it's most foul, Again! They had suits about the street cars too, but GM's legal dept. made them slowly disappear. Think about it, Toronto has some great electric street cars, but very few American cities were able to retain theirs once GM Buses were put on line. We're all the poorer for it, then as now. And now their all going bankrupt for their corporate greed & failures, when they thought they could succeed mainly by trickery, deceit, easy credit and snappy design. Not any more. And they had the answers within their grasp, and they just threw it away in search of somrthing that would give them an easier profit for the short term. Just too damn stupid for words! Glad you noticed & saw the film. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home