Sunday Stuff
A brief update because doing any work is too hard this hour.
HOT
It's 1:02 in the afternoon and it's 85.8 in my apartment. I can't stand this heat. I love my apartment but in the summer it's like hell. I'm trying to hang in the living room as long as I can, then I'll go to my air conditioned bedroom to cool off. The heat makes me grouchy, non-productive Update: was not an unproductive day, just a slow start. I got a good amount of planning for the week done. Not written out word for word but I know what I want to do and have the literature picked out to do it. Yay. and just tired. ARGH!
Girls Night
Last night was Hilary's "Girl's Night In". I had a nice time. All her girlfriends are really sweet and that was of no suprise because I truly believe friends are a reflection of who we are and Hilary is a sweet girl. I just feel honored having been included. THANKS HIL! Of course girl's talk about husbands and boyfriends and stuff, and I was missing mine. It's nice to be able to say, "Yes, I do have one". Then it sucks being reminded he's so far away.
Long Distance Romance
I really miss him. Long distance is really hard. I'm sure there are benefits (they say distance makes the heart grow fonder afterall....and based on how fond I am...maybe it's true), but right now, on a lonely Sunday, all I would love is for him to be here. Distance is hard because we can't be glued to the phone day in and day out. I want to be able to share little everyday things and with the distance I have to save up all I want to say, share, even feel...until we talk. I always wonder what he's up to. Am I nuts? He's a special person and amazing man in my opinion. He's worth learning patience for...but GEEZ!!!!!
The World
All I want to say is that I hope my friends and aquaintances in Israel are safe and sound. I hope ALL wars resolve speedily. This ridiculous war in Iraq, Israel, all over. Aren't we all sick of the fighting already? I know there are many layers of issues, but on the surface, fighting simply sucks and saddens me.








6 Comments:
I definitely agree on the world issues thing. Watching the news makes me tired and upset...enough war already!
It's hot here in New England too. It's about 100 where I am but I am not fortunate enough to have air conditoning in this apartment so I'm forced to put my head in the freezer every few minutes. Haha I wish I was kidding.
Stay cool and postive. :)
Hi Ro---Thanks, I feel for you and the heat thing. I'm glad I have fans, and if it's any consolation, the AC unit in the bedroom keeps it bearable, but not cold by any means. The afternoon sun beats in that window so the AC is competing with it...along with my electric bill.
Thanks, Tamara, for your warm thoughts about those affected by the situation in Israel. Much of my extended family lives in Haifa (Northern Israel). My mom is there now, visiting. It's incredibly scary to read/watch the news and see scary pictures of the "regional war", but, according to my mom, it's extraordinarily normal there. She went to my cousin's birthday party. A bunch of relatives went out to dinner. They've stopped watching the news because all it does is scare them. Thank God, they're OK, and life goes on.
My last comment just vanished!
I'll try again. Just wanted to thank you for thinking of those affected by the situation in Israel. My mom is there now (visiting my relatives, in Haifa). She says life is incredibly normal there, and they've stopped watching the news because all it does is scare people. Thank God, life goes on--and I can't wait until my mom is safely home.
Been very hot here too. Been 90 last 2 days, but no one has AC :-O
Long distance sucks. No doubts about that.
So does the heat. Boston is not a fun place to be right now.
Post a Comment
<< Home