Something to blog about...
Today when I was talking with TG, he asked me why I hadn't posted lately. I guess I just hadn't really had anything to post. It's so easy to get comfortable posting silliness and I don't want my readers to think that I only post about the heat, humidity, etc.
Today, however, was a good day worth blogging. I was warmly awoken before 8am by the disco tunes emmanating from my cell phone. Yes, 7 something on a Sunday morning is early, but when it's TG's voice I hear, I smile and have absolutely not a complaint. Long distance relationships are tough as it is, not to mention making phone time with the time differences.
I met my friend Adina for breakfast at the kosher bagel place. She was in Israel when the current war started. Her camp (she helped start it) was evacuated on a day that they had taken a day trip to Jerusalem. Her and the other staff and 100 kids were not able to go back to Nasiryah (sp?) to get their belongings so the belongings were sent in trash bags to them in Jerusalem (I think). Regardless of it all, she said it was a wonderful experience and for me, I'm just glad she's back home safe and sound.
After breakfast I drove out to visit my dad. I spoke with my 7 year old niece on the drive and learned she was on her way to sleepover camp for the first time. How exciting! I just loved my Jewish summer camp and hope her experiences are wonderful too. I miss her so much. I definitely don't see or talk to her nearly enough.
The visit at dad's today was cool. I brought a couple loads of laundry :), brought a little work ( of which didn't really get done ). I simply relaxed and hung out. It was a nice visit and the highlight was watching old videos that my dad made DVDs out of. Yes, we had one of those super old-school video cameras. It was fun watching videos of Chanukah in the early 80's when I was about 10. Seeing my brothers and other family was pretty funny. I'm just glad I wasn't a teen in those years with the bad feathered 1980's hair. We also watched a DVD of my grandfather's 80th birthday party. I totally don't remember that.
Anyway, all in all I had a great day that ended with us bar-b-quing some salmon and corn on the cob along with some mashed potatoes (TG, deal with the salmon ;) )








1 Comments:
But wait! You've got Disco tunes as ring tones? Do tell. So there wasn't anything more annoying available? No bagpiping? No banjos? Just wondering... Sounds like a slightly more pleasant day than over there though. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Post a Comment
<< Home