Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Silence

July 18, 2006

Silence

Is there a way to fight for what you want, what you love, what you desire -- through silence?

Is there a way to support the ones you care about -- in silence?

6 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Only if you are there with them.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

A Simple Jew: Why only if I am there with them? I hope that's not the case. :(

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lyss said...

Who (or what)a re you giving the silent treatment to?

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Lyss: Interesting you interpreted it as the silent treatment. That's not the case at all. It's more like there is a situation in which I must accept things as they are. I must have faith in myself, in the person, in G-d that all will end up as it's supposed to be. And with that, my only option right now is to show love and support by not being involved in their life.

Hard to comprehend. Hard to manage. I thought my blog was a good place to put it out there.

The who/what is not important to the topic though. It could have many relevances actually.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

If you are going to fight for something distant, you need to speak up and be heard - the opposite of silence. Otherwise your silence shows that you are indifferent.

If you are present, sometimes your mere presence can speak volumes. This is why I wrote, "Only if you are there with them."

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Thanks Nani, I know you know, and I appreciate that. Though, I have to confess, me being silent is like the Pope being Jewish. So I keep it to mild hushes I'll say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home