Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: From Israel...

July 18, 2006

From Israel...

I haven't really blogged about the war in Israel and Lebanon. However, it's been on my mind daily. I mention it to my students so they can step, even if momentarily, out of their worlds of oblivion.

I have two dear friends in Israel now. I know a few others but these two are significant in my life for so many reasons. They are a big part of who I am today as far as my knowledge and traditional observances in Judaism. I thought I'd share a snippet of an email I just received. I was concerned about them so sent a short email of support. We hadn't been in touch in a long time; sad that it took a war to reconnect:
...I guess the news probably looks pretty
scary. It is a little scary--we can hear the
explosions in the Galilee from up here--but our lives
haven't been affected much by the war here in our
little village in the Golan. Some places in the
northern and southern GOlan were hit, but thank G-d
we've been spared so far. Haifa and Tsfat are taking
the brunt of it. Hizbullah has so little support that
I'm sure it will all be over soon and the world will
be a better place for it.

Yes, even though rockets are falling, we still love it
here.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

it's amazing, actually I heard via via, that we worry much more than they do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home