Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: The Corporation

July 22, 2006

The Corporation

THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Footage from pop culture, advertising, TV news, and corporate propaganda, illuminates the corporation's grip on our lives. Taking its legal status as a "person" to its logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" Provoking, witty, sweepingly informative, The Corporation includes forty interviews with corporate insiders and critics - including Milton Friedman, Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.


WOW! WOW! WOW!

Although I haven't finished watching "The Corporation", I'm a bit suprised and flabbergasted by what I have so far viewed. As an American, I am aware (albeit not always in my concious) at how much I (and every citizen) is inundated with marketing, business, money, and simply...materialism. I never really thought about what it means and how it happened.

Two of the most suprising things I've observed so far has to do with animals and factory farming. Of course the way these animals are treated is a big part of what made me become a vegetarian; I just hadn't thought of it on corporate terms. The second thing that really shocked me was that there are actual patents on human cells and dna and living things. The fact that almost every inch of land, sea and even AIR are "owned" by some bigger entity is simply wrong.

Ugh...kind of scary quite honestly. I definitely suggest everyone watching this. And, thanks to TikkunGer for sharing the link with me.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger marty said...

I think that's a few years old. I would like to see it someday. I need to pull myself away from reality tv a bit perhaps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home