Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Boos and Yays (in no order and no theme)

July 26, 2006

Boos and Yays (in no order and no theme)

Boo: Mom is back in the hospital.

YAY! Friend who was in Israel for a month is back home, safe and sound.

Boo: The heat is just wearing me out. Last night I fell asleep at 9:00 and for no good reason.

YAY! I am off-track in just one month! YAY! Off-track means it's my summer break just not during the summer. I'm. So. Ready.

YAY! Finally made a hair appointment for next weekend so I can tame this rats nest.

YAY! This Saturday I'll be in a class (with air conditioning) at school all day and will earn over $200 bucks for it.

YAY! Learning so much about who I am, how I communicate and deal with others by focusing and being committed to my relationships.

BOO: Sometimes I can't seem to give the support I need to.

BOO: I have to go to a BTSA class AFTER work next week.

YAY! Keeping my head up about October plans, that's a yay because thinking negative is just too easy for me. And another YAY to that is that dad is just as excited as I am I think.

YAY! Went to Trader Joe's today.

BOO! Awkward moment with a co-worker when she was upset about another teacher's death and about the war in Israel and Lebanon. She started venting how she really hates Israel right now. I understand the frustration over war, but as a Jew, I can't help but think it came out differently around me.


Not that any of you care about any of this...but I felt like letting my brain flow. :) I think I need more fun things to do in my life. Then I could add lots of yays. I think it will wait until the heat subsides.

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a lot of Yays!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Ro said...

Lots of Yays are good and you got quite a few. :)

I'm with you on the hair thing and the heat and I got a comment recently about Israel that created several moments of awkwardness.

Good luck with your classes and I hope your mom gets well soon.

Keep cool!

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on deadline today, so you get the short version of this Tamara. Think of this as a thought experiment for your colleagues.

We fought a very successful short war with Mexico in 1846. We took what amounts to about 1/2 their territory then & in subsequent transactions, now forming our SW border, including CA, NM & TX. Now imagine Mexico is still PO'd over this fact. No need to, they are. Now imagine there's various different terror gangs running around Mexico that have intimate links with the military & leadership of the country. Again, no need to imagine this, their are many different drug cartels that will fill that bill just nicely. Cross them and they'll kill you, anywhere, anytime. They did this to a Mexican Bishop in recent years, and numerous of our DEA & other agents, both here & in Mexico. Now imagine this terror network has missiles and has been lobbing them into TX for the past 5 years or so, hitting the cites of El Paso, Laredo, Brownsville and threatening even San Antonio & Corpus Christi with new longer range devices supplied by, oh say Cuba. Yes, a well known enemy with their own agenda, supplying arms & know how to repeatedly attack the US. Now imagine one fine day these Mexican gangs come and kidnap a few of our troops guarding the border. The question of the day is:

1.) How long would it be before we would own most of Mexico, lock stock and empty barrels?

2.) How much territory would you think they'd lose in such a war, and do you think they'd ever get it back?

3.) Would this have any impact on the immigration crisis?

So why do we expect Israel to behave any differently? Yes, the response is disproportionate. That's how you win wars. The British burned down Washington DC in the War of 1812 over similar border issues & the American objections to their 'impressment' of sailors. That was kidnapping on the high seas. To bad they didn't have TV pictures way back then too. Cheers, 'VJ'

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your mom: Some cooling tips are here: From another CA Prof.
[http://www.samefacts.com/archives/_/2006/07/coping_with_the_heat.php].
Cheers, 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home