Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Beginning of something I hope goes well...

July 27, 2006

Beginning of something I hope goes well...


A little while back I posted about how my online friend in NY and I were going to try to study Pirkei Avos together. Rather than repeat myself, you can see that post here.

"Shoppa" had asked around her community, she's orthodox, and came up with a book entitled "Visions of the Fathers" by Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. So today I called the closes Jewish store to me and sure enough they had a copy. And so off I went, in my air conditioned car, to the bookstore. The book looks fine. It seems to read easy. As I mentioned before, this sort of learning is very new to me and I'm not sure how it will go. The good thing is "Shoppa", being raised in Jewish schools and studying her whole life, can most assuredly lend a hand to help me understand some of the bibilical stuff that might not be in my current knowledge repertoire.

And so, I'm sure we'll begin to read sometime in the next week since she too bought the book.

Any suggestions for reading Pirkei Avos, studying with a friend, or anything from someone who has something to share is most definitely appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Cool, Cool, Cool!

I think this will be a great thing and fun for you to study!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home