Weekend Plans
Tonight is Shabbat and dinner at the rabbi's house. I haven't been for Shabbat dinner for two weeks so I'm looking forward to good company ( I go early to their house and chat with Devonye, help make salads and set up). We wait until rabbi Korf and gang walk back from shul. Yes, it's a Chabad shul with few Chabadniks. Just the rabbi and his wife actually. The rest is a mix of modern ortho, and every other Jewish spectrum. Literally.
Tomorrow morning I'll wake up early, pick up another teacher from my school, and we'll be driving up to Silver Springs for a day and a half retreat with my school. I believe there are 42 teachers, spending either a day and a half or two days (senior people in the program go an extra day) in a cabin, in the mountains on futons and bunk beds. Oh Happy Joy Joy.
Sunday will be a day of rest, perhaps cleaning. Monday it's the last day of finals and school is out for the 3rd day in a row at 12:19...OH THE JOYS! Tuesday is another work day but really, I gather 5 students will show up to any of my classes. Wed. morning I will be up at about 3:30 am (oh yes, another joy) and getting ready to go meet my honey in Ottawa. Honestly, this has been the highlite of my year. Not just flying there, but the whole process of us meeting, talking, getting to know eachother, fussing, talking things through...I haven't had anything close to a real relationship in SOOOOO long, and this one is amazing.








1 Comments:
I'm so excited for you. I can't wait for you to meet him and to hear how everything went!! I know it will be great!
Post a Comment
<< Home