Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Update from "I suck day" and the name calling student

June 16, 2006

Update from "I suck day" and the name calling student

UPDATE:My name calling student had the NERVE (though I give him some credit) to actually redo his paper the "semi" proper way. It's still missing key elements, like quotes from the text! Anyway, he actually sent his paper in with another student today. Go figure, he's been absent the last two days. I let the dean know he made some effort. The dean has mixed feelings about what I should do with his grade. I didn't become a teacher to fail kids, so I have to let my evil vengeful side not get the best of me. I told them no late essays, so it being late will automatically go down one grade. Besides that I think I'll grade it fairly and see what it earns. My guess is that since I haven't read it but with just a skim can see the prompt wasn't followed, it's really going to kill his grade. Plus, he's missing the final it seems.

So the question...Do I give him a courtesy D since he has the skills to move on and is just a pain. Or do I give him the F that his grade will actually come to with a lousy paper and no final? Life as a teacher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home