Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Lots of Out of Order Random Stuff Going On

June 14, 2006

Lots of Out of Order Random Stuff Going On

-Friday I drive to San Diego to see some good friends and for a hair cut.
-Next weekend I'm driving up to near Big Bear for a retreat for teachers at my school that are part of a professional learning community.
-Monday I have a dentist appointment. Gotta have clean teeth in Canada ;).
-Tomorrow I'm taking 3 classes to a performance at school (easy teaching day)
-My support provider/mentor teacher/Literacy coach at school asked me if I'd be interested in participating in a new pilot program my district is doing. The district picked 5 schools and each school will send 5 people to participate. It would include working with 4 other teachers at my school, and will include curriculum design and development. I'll probabally do it since it's the area, after a recent observation that I want to work with more.
-I had a student tell me she has been "tweaking" for the last 5 months. Glad she reached out to me, let me know what was going on, and that she's talking with a counselor.
-Finals start next Thursday, end Monday, grades due on the 27th, I leave for Canada the 28th. Returning the 4th, start the new school year the 5th. OH MY!
-I have about 50 or so 2 page essays to grade this week. Yay for me. Don't be jealous.

Ummm, I think that's about it. If there is more I'm supposed to do, I sure don't recall right now. But WOW, when I write it all out, I feel busy, even though I have nightly down time. Starting tomorrow I'll begin bringing essays home to start grading.

Hope I didn't bore you immensely.

4 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger andbreathe said...

Why is your "summer break" about a week long? My school is over already, and doesn't come back till second week in September... Don't they think you guys need a break??

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I work at a year round school. Our school year goes July - End of June (at least on my track, we have 3 tracks). Our breaks are at different times of the year. Mine are March/April and then Sept/Oct.

We get a lot of time off which is great, but the transition from one school year to the next is tough.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"tweaking"?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Tweaking = using methamphetamines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home