Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: I've Arrived...

June 29, 2006

I've Arrived...

...in Ottawa that is.

After a 9 (or 12 hours if you count time differences) travel day I made it safely to Ottawa. I'm here visiting TikkunGer. After two months of daily phone conversations, IMs and e-mails, this relationship has now become "real". The way we met, unexpectedly via both our blogs as commentors; and how this relationship has grown is amazing. It's been a very natural and comfortable process but not without some regular relationship foibles. And now...here I am.

Tikkun Ger waited for me just outside customs and was there with a big smile and open arms. I'm not sure what the emotion I was going through can be called. I wasn't nervous, I was pretty darn sure we'd have a connection because we are already so connected, but just hadn't met. I know that's odd, but with over 2300 miles between us, that's how it was.

After a hug and a welcome kiss (a wholesome one) we went outside where his "ima" was waiting to take us back to his place. On the way we stopped at a store to pick up a couple of things Ger forgot to get. He's so thoughtful it makes me heart melt. (Yeah Ger, it's true) Ger spent the last couple of days buying foods I like (He had me send a list earlier on), cleaning his place extra special, and doing everything in his power to make my visit comfortable. I'm very lucky.

And so, without giving away any details (I'm not saying there are details...I'm staying hush on this one) we had a lovely first evening hanging out and transforming a long distance possibility into a reality. I think I can now say, after a 6 year hiatus, that I have a boyfriend.

WOW! That's nuts. More updates to come but for now I'm gonna go wash my breakfast dish and get cleaned up so we can go do something in this thunderstorm.

6 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That is great, mazal tov.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU - GOOD LUCK
You desreve it
Flybob

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wrote a comment, like, 4 hours ago. Dunno what happened. Just wanted to say I'm glad that things are off to such a great start, and I hope the visit just gets better and better.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov to you both. And yes, he's a BF for certain if he cleans before you arrive. This just rarely happens if you're married. It has to be a Really special occasion. Have fun guys! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

EVERYONE: Thank you so much for the well wishes and happy thoughts. I'm suprised all 7 of my readers have commented so quickly. :) Support is so important in life and I know, through this odd thing called blogging, I've got a good amount of it.

Hugs to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home