Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: For Avichai...

June 12, 2006

For Avichai...

When you live far from someone who means a lot to you, it's sometimes hard to communicate on a day to day basis; not to mention, it's also hard to share in special moments and have them truly be special. Words sometimes don't express or 'show' the joy one shares. Because of this, I wanted to do something special to honor "Avichai's" completion of the conversion process. And so, because Avichai is that kind of guy, it triggered a creative flare up. I put my semi-creative talented self to work on a little gift for him. I'm no Van Gogh, but it's symbolic of a new life in Judaism and I wanted to share in it while the excitement and energy were still there.

TG: I hope you like it. It comes alive in real life and look forward to giving it to you in person. The symbolism of your name and the tree with roots are you. Mazel Tov.

8 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes very lovely and blog worthy. But why is this tree alone on what looks like barren rock? Just a thought for future explorations on the theme. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

VJ: I think you need to talk with your therapist about your seeing a barren rock. Perhaps this is something within your psyche that you need to work with? I mean, the picture is a simple painting of a tree, with roots reaching deep and with branches flourishing with hints of gold (wealth, but not material). Nothing barren, it's all about fruition.

Someone once told me to see my cup as half full...I offer you this same advice .

Oh, and keep your day job, you as an art critic ain't workin ;)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

WOW, that's cool, is this for me?

I think it looks really cool and I can hardly wait to get it, but what's up with the big Virgin Mary in the top right corner?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

The Virgin Mary is especially for you since you are a Jew and she's you're Jewish mom. ;) haha...but really...if you see a Mary in it, we need to sell that shit on Ebay. :) We can make bank!

And you're welcome, and you will like it I'm sure. :) It's your first monogramed item as Avichai. It's small too so there will be no problem finding it a home.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

I think the symbolism of the tree is just beautiful!

Well done!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Thanks for all the nice words Kasamba :) Mwah!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Ro said...

Very nice job. :)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Karl said...

Great Picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home