Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: 16 Days and Other Random Stuff

June 11, 2006

16 Days and Other Random Stuff

Today's post is simply random stuff that I thought I'd share on a Sunday.

1. In only 16 days I will finally be flying to Ottawa to see TikkunGer. For those of you who have kept up with the story, you can imagine that I'm excited for that day to come. We have nothing fancy and giant planned. Just a couple activities that we have ideas on. Lots of talking and communicating. We will spend some time walking through downtown, taking photos around Ottawa, and spending Shabbos with his "Ima" and goint to shul on Saturday. I look forward to being a part of his synagogue community (even if only for a day), experiencing the energy there, sharing in a Torah study class (which I have actually never done); I really can't wait! It's all very new and different. It will be interesting to transition from being an online/phone couple to something tangible.

2. Girl's Night OutOn Saturday night it was girl's night out. Although the restaurant was not enjoyable for me (too loud, too crowded, poor service, etc.), the company was great and I love the girls. I was in a great mood (minus an upset tummy) and that worked well.

3. Today my friend Carla and I had breakfast in Los Feliz and then walked over to the Los Feliz street fair. It was a nice cool morning. The fair was small with lots of local vendors and restaurants. Nothing spectacular, but quaint nevertheless. I stopped by the Chabad booth and said hi to some people I know there (none of them strict Chabadniks and one of the guys there is interested in checking out some other shuls too. We all talked for a short bit and agreed that we love the community, the people, the feeling there; but for me, spiritually, it's not my home. Eventually I came across a booth for the Conservative shul in my neighborhood, Temple Knesset Israel. I really liked the people at that booth. I talked with them awhile about their congregation and they explained how they are growing and starting to do more social events and stuff. I think I'll attend in the near future, but maybe not till after Canada. I'm glad I met them though and look forward to checking that out.

4. When I got home I finished my big closet cleaning. I had already cleaned out old clothes, 2 bags full! Now I straightened the shelves and got rid of some stuff I didn't need. That's a great feeling. Then I cleaned some stuff out of my trunk. Productive huh!

All in all, a nice weekend. I hope your's was too.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful night, and I'm so glad we were all able to coordinate a date. Finally!

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you, as always. Hopefully we'll find time for a Shabbat meal sometime this summer!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Well, are you going to visit me in the uk???

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Annabel, for sure we will!

Kasamba, ummmm, if I'm ever in the UK, it's a deal! Expect me for shabbos. But until then, you'lll have to love me from afar :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home