Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: You can ring my (school) bell....

May 25, 2006

You can ring my (school) bell....

Tonight when I got home from the dreaded BTSA Colloquium ( I found a very touching and touching email from one of my very first students. In California we first get a BA degree (usually in the subject we intend on teaching), then we do a 1-2 year post graduate teaching credential program (I took 1.5 years). Part of the credential program includes one year of student teaching. My first semester was spent at Hoover High in San Diego. That seems like so very long ago (about 3 years now). I received another email a couple years ago from a student in that same class saying she was considering being an English teacher. She was awesome and that would be a great fit for her. Anyway, I thought I'd share the email (please know I did change the student's name):
I don't know if you remember me, but I hope you do. My name is Jose Sandoval. I was in your World Leterature class at Hoover High School. It was one of my favorite class. I loved it because we were only a few in the class. We used to have lots of fun. I wrote to you soon after graduation, but you did not answer my e-mail. I hope you do now. I really want to know what is going on with you. Did you stayed at Hoover?

I am in college now. I want to become an English profesor. I want to go and teach in Mexico. That is my dream.
Well, I have to go. I really hope you will take some time to write me back. I look faword to it.
Amazing! I hope I don't look full of myself sharing happy teacher moments. But, as I always say, "it's my blog". :) Oh, and I do remember him, and I never got his first email, and I wrote him back. So awesome!

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

You need to read it again. I was sharing how I had receieved another similar email from a former female student from the same class, hence the "she" reference. I never referred to the male student as a girl. But hey, at least you're trying to catch a teacher making mistakes. Lots of my students do it. Mostly they don't catch me, but when they do, I praise them. So better luck next time :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I love when you share these stories!! It just makes me wish that I had what it takes to become a teacher. I say keem em coming!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home