Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: UGGGGH I"M SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW

May 09, 2006

UGGGGH I"M SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW

Ok, it's my blog and I need to vent.

I HATE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND I REALLY REALLY HAVE HAD IT WITH BANK OF AMERICA.

How is it that when I make a LARGER than usual payment, larger as in $500, on my credit card, and I do it 3 days before the statement, they apply it to the previous month. The previous month I had already made a $300 payment. Do they think I really was paying the same fracking statement a total of $800 in one month!!??!! So I call, and you know what they tell me. They tell me that my payment of $250 is late for this month and it is in collections. Now, it's not in "bad" collections as in my credit is not affected, but what the FLUCK are they thinking? I make $800 in payments in 32 days and I'm late? Are they nuts? I never pay the damn thing late. I was in Europe so I payed all my bills early. Oh, and they tacked on a $39 late fee. Are they insane?

So now, they did remove the late fee, but if I don't pay a double payment by the 31st, it will affect my credit. The supervisor couldn't do shit to help. She calmly explained that I need to read my contract. I told her I was no idiot, all payments have been made in full and then some.

Yay for me, I have to make a double payment this month, though I made like a quadruple payment for 2 months. This sucks! I needed that money for more fun things...like a trip to Canada!

7 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

You know what I'll do, I'll make the payment, then purchase the ticket on that card. SHMUCKS!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

[Sigh] Been there.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No on second thought don't read the contract, it's useless anyway. They can change the contract on a whim, at any hour of the day, and you'll be liable to know that AND the information and language in the 'new' amended contract. It's a suckers game that better than 60% of America is tied up into, and let's just say they own your..., well you, your house & home & soul if they can get it. And more professional quality rants on the entire topic are here: [http://warrenreports.tpmcafe.com/]. Started by Prof. Eliz. Warren of Harvard, and expert on bankruptcy & the finances of the middling classes. This is one reason to this day that I try to pay in cash for almost everything. It's a really good way to manage the flow of your money on a daily basis. It drives the wife nuts though... Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wholeheartedly agree, that is a cruddy policy.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I can related to hidious things credit companies do. I wish I didn't have any credit cards.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

Those credit card companies are just as bad as parking wardens!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Bank of America sucks. They lost my $1500 deposit that I made with a teller then had the nerve to tell me that I did something to cause the problem and they tried to tell me to call all these different numbers. I demanded a supervisor and lo and behold they found my money 30 minutes later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home