Thursday Things (sorry Hil, borrowing your title this once )

I was thinking about my week and realized there were lots of "things" to just mention. Not that any of you really care about my daily happenings, but, it's my blog right? And I want to share with all you wonderful bloggers :)
Friday - Didn't go to Shabbat dinner. Stayed home, talked with someone special, lit my Shabbos candles, and did some self reflecting.
Saturday - Went to shul early which is great since I never go really. It was my brother's yarzheit and a baby naming for some friends with a lovely kiddush. I love the people that make up this quite diverse community I'm in. Later I went to see friend's new baby. The night commenced with Annabel Lee's birthday get together where I got to see her with her new beau...so cute. :) Heard 3 people say I was glowing.
Sunday - Brunch with my longest running friend and her hubby. Showed them pics of my trip to Europe and of my new "friend". :) Again, was told I am glowing.
Wednesday - I'm taking a class called "From Sinai to Cyberspace". I went to the class and I have to say I'm not totally liking it. I don't hate it, but I'm not really "getting" it either. I think I was hoping something about it would click in a big way personally and so far that's not the case. I'll keep going, at least for now. I like my rabbi, and the people attending, and that is important. My other struggle is that I had been behind on sleep for a couple of weeks and it caught up to me. Now, I think I'm more on track but I'm not feeling 100% (sore throat and allergies, tis the season).
More Wednesday - The most exciting thing of my day was coming home from class and finalizing the plane ticket to meet Ger, in person, to make this VERY long distance dating thing a tangible reality. I'm really excited to go. I'm glad that he and I, together, were able to make the timing, the cost of flying, and the comfort level of my traveling quite smooth and effortless. I think so much of our communication and interactions are effortless. That is not to say we don't have those little bumps, but bumps are healthy and knowing they can be gotten through is more reassuring than anything. I really like this guy...sigh.
Thursday - Can't wait for Friday. My students have been wearing on me just a tad. I'm tired, I slept horribly last night waking up at 1am to take allergy meds and dealing with a major sore throat.
All week - My days are filled with smiles from silly little emails back and forth to far off lands.








6 Comments:
You're coming to see me?
Ha Ha, very funny Mr. TikkunGer.
Actually, I'm coming to see some other weirdo Canadian who I met via our blogs and he happens to also live in Ottawa. ;)
OF COURSE I AM!
who, me?
Umm, Canadian weirdos. OK Tikkunger, you're going to explain to Tamara the whole deal about Newfie's, right? Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'
Um, VJ they don’t count because they don’t speak either official language.
Just kidding Rick is Newf
So nice to see how happy you are... :) Hope you're feeling 100% better by now!
Post a Comment
<< Home