Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: "Quote of the Day: Religion"

May 17, 2006

"Quote of the Day: Religion"

A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair.

Abraham Joshua Heschel
New York Journal-American, April 5, 1963

5 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Tamara: If you have not already read this Heschel book, be sure to check it out

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Wow, I love it what a great choice

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Hey Simple Jew, nice to see you visit. I often peek into your blog. I've not read that book, or any books really on Jewish philosophers and such. I went to amazon and read a few pages. It sounds interesting and readable. I have tried reading some books on Jewish philosophy and such and often they are not written for the aveage person.

TG: Thanks. :)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

What a great quote!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Tamara: I too do not like reading books on philosophy, however this is a book that even a simple person like me can understand. Keep up the good postings, Tamara!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home