Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: JDates Gone Wrong Discontinued

May 08, 2006

JDates Gone Wrong Discontinued

I've decided to delete the other blog I sort of played host to, Jdates Gone Wrong. I've thought about this a few times in the past and decided that, although bad date stories can make us laugh at ourselves, it's a negative use of time and energy. And so, thank you to anyone who ever contributed and I wish each and every one of you a date so successful you too can cancel your JDate membership.

(Should anyone want to re-start a similar blog, please feel free, I have no ownership rights :) )

5 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Tamara, I think this is a really good idea. We all need more hope in our lives, and despite some of the posts being humorous, the last one posted was decidedly not. It just really shows a side of some people that's very unattractive, which can reflect poorly upon the whole community. I've mentioned this in passing on Esther's J Date blog ("Seeking Sperm donors"[?]) as well, (this in reference to the NYT story). I did not know when I wrote my comments on 'Insulin boy' that it was your blog and that you accumulated these anonymous reports from others.

But lest you think that this is a recent pet peeve of mine, I can recall a beautiful, sweet, very smart young lass in Toronto so many moons ago who was positively disgusted by a discussion I was having about a friend of mine when I mentioned this book: "Sensuous Wheeler: Sexual Adjustment for the Spinal Cord Injured". My friend was having troubles, and this lasses reaction was only 'Ewwww! That's so gross!' upon hearing of it. Needless to say, I can well recall the conversation, her reaction, and my reaction to hers. She instantly became less attractive to me. Someone who had so little empathy, understanding or caring for another had very remote prospects for ever 'growing up', at least not anytime soon.

So I think I know why it was started, but I'm sorry it had to end with a whimper and some misplaced flames. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

I didn't read it much but I remember one with Judge Judy, I hope you're not insulted if I told you I found this story hilarious fill well realizing it must've been painful for you.
Can you laugh about it in retrospect?

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Prag, they weren't MY dating stories. LOL, I never had that many dates in my life. Other people would send the stories and I'd post them. But I just think it's all sort of negative. Why not focus on GOOD dates. :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

I think you're right to surround yourself with positivity!

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a reasonable decision to d/c the BadJDate site, but I have to tell you that I discovered it one night when banging my head against the virtual dating wall, and it cracked me up and lifted my spirits. So, thanks for having put it up there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home