Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Unwritten

April 17, 2006

Unwritten

Sometimes song lyrics just speak to us. This song is being overplayed on the radio, and yet, the lyrics just totally speak to me. Thought I'd share some of the stanzas I love, you can get all the lyrics here.

"Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield

NATASHA BEDINGFIELD LYRICS

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your INHIBITIONS

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines
We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way

1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds nice, Tamara. Me, I'm almost getting to have a Leon Redbone philosophy towards lyrics & 'the American popular song', but I know there's good stuff being written all the time. The thing is that since my youth I've been traveling back in time towards discovery, not forwards! Me, I blame Dr, Demento personally, but you may not remember him at all. Then there was that enlightened idiot P.D.Q. Bach (not to be confused with C.P. E. Bach) way back when and the strange disappearance act of Walter Carlos or Peter Warlock for that matter. The mind boggles. But it sounds like a good mood after all. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home