Tonight's Dinner
Ok, 3rd post in 24 hours...
During Passover there is not really the chance to go eat out; that is unless I want to drive across town to find an open Kosher restaurant. And so, I've been making all my food at home. I like cooking. I cook pretty well. I DESPISE cooking for myself though because so much ends up going to waste. But tonight, I cooked a decent dinner, especially considering the minimal spices and ingredients I have at home right now.

Tonight I made one of my favorite and simple veggie dishes: broccoli and cauliflower marinated in water, vinegar and garlic.
Next I made red potatoes roasted/fried (whatever) in olive oil with black pepper, salt and garlic.
Finally I defrosted Red Snapper. While making the veggies and potatoes I marinated it in lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and tossed in orange bell peppers. I then sauteed it in a frying pan (can't bake in my oven on Passover) with a drop of olive oil, until a little brown. I'm always worried about undercooked fish.
All in all, I like the potatoes the best, but the fish is good and lemony.
Here's to Passover cooking endeavors!








2 Comments:
Sounds yummy, really. Get some CO2 packing bags and start shipping the surplus out! (I dare not mention this for Hilary's famous cupcakes for fear of a stampede too.) Cheers, 'VJ'
Does your restaurant take reservations?
Post a Comment
<< Home