Listed on BlogShares Tamara Eden: Sick Sore and Sloppy

April 30, 2006

Sick Sore and Sloppy

After staying up far too late the other night, my body and mind have been a little off kilter. I didn't feel totally with it yesterday, but still managed to make it out of the house before 1:00p.m. to spend Shabbos afternoon with a friend. She made me lots of yummy lunch, had coffee, and just talked and talked about "stuff". It was great, I don't have these girl talks often enough.

Later on I felt ok, not 100% but o.k. Though my body doesn't know if it's day or night. All night I didn't sleep too well. I thought it was just the exhaustion. I knew I would be expecting a phone call early in the morning. And I did. So, I talked and talked, was feeling queesy, and all you need to know is that at one point I had to very quickly hang up or there would have been a big mess. O.K. I can't remember the last time I vomited, It's yucky :) And so now, I'm trying to eat applesauce and come to some sort of semblance so I can go to the market, do a little cleaning, and be ready for tomorrow...back to school.

6 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, all the usually hidden pleasures of family communication I'm guessing. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Was not talking to family at all. Luckily, it was someone pretty special and understanding.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I've not got a clue here. Which is not uncommon given the limited context. I imagine I was thinking more on the 'sick parts', but it's always good to have an understanding ear to listen.

I hear you on the clique issue at school too. I was never hard drinking enough to fit into many at University, and I also refused to fritter away my money at girlie shows too, which was thought particularly strange in some quarters. Ah for all the quiet entertainments before the advent of the fully developed Net. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I thought I was doing better until I vomited again before bed. All I had was fluids and applesauce all day. I called in for a sub, I can't go to work if I'm sick like this. I think they are going to be pissed because tomorrow is the National Day of No Immigrants walk out and they will think I'm not really sick. I just hope the seltzer I've drank all night stays down. My muscles are sore and I feel poopy.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger lxr23g56 said...

Yes I agree a listening ear is great to have when you're sick, but English muffins with goodness filled nooks and crannies are even better, oh and lightly buttered.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

I just wanted to wish you better and offer you a huge pot of cyber chicken soup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home