Friday Funk

6:10 a.m - Woke up. It was so darn early. I went to a little party last night, didn't go to bed till about 1 a.m. which is late for me.
7:00 a.m.- Off to work for pupil free day. Sat in the library and the "cliquey" 3 English teachers who are in my department, on my track, all girls, and all about the same age, yet again all sit together and one even gets up from my table and moves to be with her "group". Yeah whatever. It sorta sucks being new and the people in your department are so cliquey. It of course feels like they don't like me, not that they'd have a reason. So, I keep telling myself, why would I want to be a part of that anyway. There are 190 or more other teachers. But still, since they are my direct collegues, a welcome would be so freaking nice. Am I asking too much? I love my school and there are lots of great people there. But of course, this bugs me. Don't worry, I'm not freaking out, it just reminds me of the stupid cliques when we were young. GRRR.
7:40 a.m.- Made it through an hour of dull meeting stuff. Headed over to Jean's room to say hi and to see when she'd be moved out since I will be in that room come Monday. She gets to go off track. Oh, and I mentioned to her that I have friends getting married in Israel next year and how I hope they do it on one of my months off. She said if they get married while I'm still on track (since she will be off track in May, June, Nov., Dec.), that we could trade two weeks. This means during her vacation she covers my classes and during mine I cover hers. It is an equal trade and we can do it as long as we notify the school in advance. That's cool if I do end up going. I so want to go to Israel, and a wedding might be just the thing to make me save my money and go. :)
9:00 a.m.-Head home to pay rent and bills since it's payday and one of the things I won't do on Shabbos anymore is pay bills or do any banking. Don't ask me why these two things. Baby steps to a more observant Shabbat I suppose, and besides, it's stressful and Shabbos should be stress free. Even if I do go into work this Saturday to set up my room. :) I'm a dork, I like making my classroom all purty and decorated.
10:00 a.m.(ish)-While paying bills I discovered that not only is my registration due, but I needed a smog. So I went and got my car smogged. Yay, we passed!
10:55 a.m.-I head over to The House of Pies because I'm really hungry for breakfast (it might have been closer to 11:00a.m. actually. I sit there waiting for a menu, for the guy to wipe my table, for my waitress. She comes at 11:03 to my table. I ask her if I can still get the breakfast deal which is served till 11. She tells me no, it's after 11. I explain to her I was there already. She proceeds to insinuate I JUST sat down and barely got a menu, yet, I already have a cup of coffee, water, etc. I left her $1.00 tip. It's one thing to not be able to do something, it's another to call me a liar. GRRR.
11:30 a.m.-I drove over to the Getty Museum. I have been wanting to go for some time. I really didn't feel like cleaning or doing any work today. I'm tired. So I head to the museum. It's a gray day, but not cold. I come armed with my camera so that TikkunGer doesn't keep reminding me to start taking pictures more. I decide when I get there that I'm not really in a museum mood, so I snap pics outdoors. Almost immediately my newly charged battery starts flashing red.
The day ended with a trip to the store to look for some skirts. Then to Best Buy to return my 1gig memory card that stopped working. :)
You know...today was not bad, but it wasn't my day either. I'm looking forward to Shabbat dinner and friends. :)








5 Comments:
sorry I hurt your feelings
What the heck is a house of pies, and what happens when it rains, does the roof get soggy?
I'm very happy to see you took some pictures and must admit that several of them are pretty damn cool!
I'm so tired, one of my so tired?
Maybe I need a nap, maybe I need a house of pies, I'm not sure!
And to Nani, you had your chance with the picture taking shtick, but you had to go and try to expose me.
My mouth isnt big, go wash your feet they smell funny.
yup, can smell them all the way up here, in ottawa.
Anonymous: You didn't hurt my feelings, you just made grand assumptions that really weren't worth responding to. But thank you for that. And what Nani said is right. It's not like I sit around preaching Judaism. Don't even know if they know I'm Jewish.
TikkunGer: A "House of Pies" is actually a non-kosher very greasy famous Hollywood diner. Come on over, I'll treat you to breakfast. ha ha.
You're right about Nani's feet, dem stank!
And I have no idea why you're so tired. Perhaps you should go to bed at a decent hour instead of keeping unsuspecting people awake till all hours of the night. Not that you did that, but it sure sounds like you haven't been sleeping much. Eh...as long as the lack of sleep is well worth it, you can catch up another day.
Post a Comment
<< Home